- Give each child a small zip lock bag.
- Place three colored balls (one red, one blue and one yellow) of play dough in each bag.
- Encourage your children to squish and blend the colors.
- Have them describe the new colors they discover.
COLORING PLAY DOUGH
- Give each child a small zip lock bag with a white ball of play dough inside.
- Before zipping closed let each child choose a color of food coloring.
- Sprinkle a couple of drops of the chosen color into bag each child’s bag.
- Zip each bag securely.
- Encourage the children to push and squeeze their play dough, allowing the food coloring to absorb into the dough.
- Discuss the interesting swirls and color shades their dough ends up with.
- Set out on a table, some zip lock bags, a bowl of water, a ½ cup measuring cup, a small bowl of glitter, small bowl of mini-foil cutouts, small bowl of cut up tinsel, other small plastic items.
- One at a time, hold a zip lock bag open for a child.
- First, have her put ½ cup water into the bag.
- Then let her choose a number of small items to place into her bag.
- Securely zip her bag and add reinforcing tape to the top of the bag.
- Have each child tip and turn their bags to create different glitter collages.