WET SPONGE TOSS
- Set out a bucket of water and some sponges.
- Choose a target, such as a tree.
- Have your children take turns dipping a sponge into the water, then throwing the sponge to see if they can hit the tree.
- Additional targets: Empty pan, another child or adult, etc.
COFFEE CAN SHOWER
- Take a clean empty coffee can and punch holes in the bottom using a large nail and hammer.
- Also, make two holes below the rim on each side of the top of the can.
- Tie a string handle through the two top holes and hang the can on the branch of a tree.
- Place a garden hose up into the can and turn on the water.
- Let your children run under the coffee can shower.
- On a hot day, let your children take turns spraying the water from a garden hose.
- See if they can see rainbows in the spray.
ICE CUBE TREASURE HUNT
- Place small toys into the sections of an ice cube tray.
- Fill with water and freeze.
- When frozen, remove the ice cubes and hide them outside.
- See how many your children can find before they lose all of their ice.
CAR & TRIKE WASH
- Set out some buckets, and sponges and a water hose.
- Let your children take turns washing your car in the driveway or their trikes.
- Set out a low pan of water (large enough for children to put their feet in)
- Have your children step into the water, then walk on the sidewalk to make footprints.
WASHING DOLL CLOTHES
- Set out a plastic pan of water with a little dish detergent added.
- Set out some small doll clothes, or small pieces of material.
- Encourage your children to wash the clothes.
- Provide another clean water pan (or hose if outside) for rinsing.
- Set out a plastic pan of water with some dish detergent added.
- Provide your children with some small plastic dishes to wash.
- Set out another pan of clean water for rinsing.
- Provide dish towels for drying.
KITCHEN CLEAN UP
- Give your child a clean wet sponge.
- Have him help you wipe off counter or table tops.
- Fill some plastic squeeze bottles with water.
- Let your children use them to try to hit a target a few feet away.
WADING POOL FUN
- Fill a small wading pool for your children to play in.
- Provide them with objects that sink and ones that float.
- Have your children guess which items will sink and which ones will float.