| CALENDAR FUN
Let your child use an unwanted calendar for these activities.
- Sort numerals cut from several calendar pages into matching
- Color in the squares on a calendar page to make patterns
(one red, one blue, one red, one blue, and so on.
- Dictate a story about a calendar picture for you to write
down on large paper. Tape on the picture for an illustration.
Your child will have fun welcoming the New Year with
these handy kitchen items. If you wish, use the noisemakers to accompany
the song "Toot Your Horn," below.
- Tootle a tune through a paper towel tube.
- Thump on a saucepan with a wooden spoon.
- Shake a tea ball with a jingle bell inside it.
TOOT YOUR HORN
Tune: "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"
Too, toot, toot your horn,
More Verses: Bang, bang, bang your drum; Ring, ring, ring your
bell; Clap, clap, clap your hands; Stomp, stomp, stomp your feet.
Toot it loud and clear.
Toot it high and toot it low
To welcome the New Year.
| NEW YEAR'S
Together, make and decorate a birthday cake for the New
Year. When it's time to celebrate, add candles (two for 2002, three
for 2003, and so on) and sing "Happy Birthday."