This activity is great for spring time.
- Make regular sugar cookies in the shape of eggs.
- When the cookies are cooled, give a couple to your child on a paper towel.
- Set out some frosting, one color (only) is best for toddlers.
- Give your child a small safe butter knife or a small craft stick.
- Show your child how to scoop out some frosting and spread it on a cookie.
Variation: Another way to color cookies is to let your child paint across the cookies before they are baked with a brush dipped in food coloring.
- Spread a piece of toast with margarine or butter.
- Give it to your toddler along with a shaker filled with sugar and cinnamon.
- Show your child how to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar all over his toast to make cinnamon toast.
- Show your toddler how to spoon a small amount of cocoa mix into a cup.
- Fill the cup up half-way with warm milk.
- Then have her stir the hot chocolate with a spoon to mix.
- Place 1 Tbsp. of pudding mix in a zip lock bag, along with ½ cup milk.
- Zip up the bag and give it to your toddler to squeeze with his hand, until the pudding is all mixed.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator to cool a bit, then snip a corner of the bag and let your toddler squeeze the bag while your child catches the pudding in his mouth to eat.
- Give your child a small zip lock bag.
- Set out a cup of graham cracker cereal, one of chocolate chips and one of mini marshmallows.
- Give your child a large spoon and have her place two scoops from each cup into her bag.
- Have her mix up the contents of her bag, then unzip the bag and munch on the treats inside.
VARIATIONS: Let your toddler spoon more healthy alternatives in her bag; such as; raisins, apple chips, cereal, etc.
- First you will need to toast an English Muffin for your child.
- Set out some pizza sauce (from a squirt bottle) and have your child squirt some sauce in the middle of one or both muffin halves.
- Now give her a small knife to spread the sauce around the muffin half.
- Next, set out some grated cheese for your child to pick up and sprinkle on the muffin using their (clean) hands.
- Place their muffins on a cookie sheet and broil in the oven.
VARIATION: Depending on your child’s tastes; you could set out small pepperoni pieces, sliced olives, ham, etc. to place on their cheese pizza before broiling.