- Give your toddler a green construction paper evergreen shape (approx. 8’ x 11’).
- Then, give them a small glue container.
- Show your child how to make glue dots or squiggles on their tree shapes.
- When the child is done, place the tree shape in a box lid and let the child sprinkle glitter across his tree.
- Allow to dry, then hang the tree up on the wall (or send home).
PERSONALIZED TREE ORNAMENTS
You will need a plain round colored tree bulb for each child.
- Use a glue bottle or glue pen to write a child’s name on a bulb.
- Carefully, lie the bulb down in a box lid and let your child sprinkle glitter across the letters of her name.
- Try to keep the letters to under six. You may need to use nick names.
- When dry, carefully wrap the bulb up for the child to take home.
- Cut out 1” x 6” red or green paper strips.
- Let each child choose a paper strip.
- Set out small cups of glue and some small glue brushes.
- Show your children how to brush glue across their paper strip.
- Then one at a time, place each child’s strip in a box top and let them sprinkle glitter onto the strip.
- When dry, tape each strip into a small glitter bracelet for it’s owner.
CAUTION: When working with glitter, supervise children at all times and tell them not to try to taste the glitter.